Tuesday, March 15, 2016

You're So Vain


Vanity is as old as the mammoth

                                     ~W. L. George


Ok...I admit it...I am a long hair-flipping, mirror-primping, lip gloss-wearing, turn-around-to-make-sure-you're-dress-doesn't-make-you're-rear-look-too-big kind of girl; and that's just in RL lol. Not because I think I'm just the most gorgeous thing ever or because I'm convinced the world will end if I don't look 100% at all times, but simply because I find a minute or two of girly primping here and there to be a part of being feminine and part of wanting to own that sense of womanhood. I know that seem seem a little odd to the fellas, or even beg the question; "the thought that fixing a smudge in our lip gloss is owning your womanhood"? I would counter with the question of how often have you seen your man walk a little taller and flex his biceps when he knows your checking him out; or how many times have you caught him fussing with his hair when he thought you were too busy with your own to notice? For the same exact reason, he's owning up on his man-mojo lol. We all want to feel we have a presence...a state of being that in its own right and in it's own way is a power unto itself. I find SL to be the perfect paradox to this train of thought. How do we as individuals attain that sense of presence in a world where pretty much everyone is attractive? It's the perfect environment where the sometimes lesser appreciated attributes, such as intelligence, creativity and sincere kindness can shine brighter than the whitest smile.

So I ask you, how will you choose to shine today?




Cosmetics:
       Eyes ~ Mine Eyeshadow by Deesses
       Lips ~ Sexey Lipstick by Deesses
       Mani/Pedi ~ Peacock Emboss Gold Omni Set by La Boheme

Hair ~ Jennifer by :::Phoenix::: @ HairOLogy
Earrings ~ Aletta Ear Wings *Peacock* by Zaara
Necklace ~ Blue/Green_Peacock_Necklace Long by *AvaWay*
Top ~ Lace Bustier - Black by *Just BECAUSE*
Jacket ~ Iridescent jacket - Blue by :: Purple Moon :: @ On9
Skirt ~ Asymmetrical Skirt Black by Blokc
Shoes ~ Nantes Heels / Maitreya, Belleza, Slink High & Eve Body by -KC- Couture !NEW RELEASE!
Peacock ~ Hatsuyume / blue peacock by { anc } (Gatcha Prize)

*Special thanks to my dear friend Chloe, who gave me that gorgeous pet peacock as a birthday gift. Thank you for knowing me well enough to see that no matter how much I was drooling over it, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to the point where I'd actually spoil myself that way. Big Luvs!*


No comments:

Post a Comment